Here’s a few art supplies that I’ve been completely obsessed with and using daily when I’m painting my portraits.
What are your artsy staples you can’t live without? Here are mine!
- TOUCH Markers (alcohol based ink): “carbon black”, “flesh” & “milky white”.
- Literally CANNOT live without Gold High Flow Acrylic Ink in “Carbon black” + my no. 2 Sable paint brush! These two things are so fun to just improv with and fool around on a giant piece of paper. They really force an effortless translation of what you’re painting, which is something that I love.
- Golden High Flow Acrylic Ink in “Iridescent Gold (Fine)”. All of these inks dry almost instantaneously, so it’s great for layering.
- Any Sexy Mother Pucker/Soap & Glory lipgloss. The plump burns so good. It’s also a great medium for using it as blush on a portrait, when I’m feeling experimental.
- Allure Magazine is an all time favorite for visual inspiration. When I’m done reading it religiously, I rip out all the editorials that inspire me to paint, followed by cutting up the entire magazine for collaging.